A Brief History Sagaya Madha Church, Thuraipakkam located on the Old Mahabalipuram Road is 6 kms away from Thiruvanmiyur and 10 kms away from Santhome Cathedral Basilica. Around 40 years ago, Parish Priest of Kovalam Fr. K.M. Joseph had a humble beginning by erecting a small hut for the people of Thuraipakkam to have their religious services, at the same place where we want to build the new Church. Services at the hut continued even after inaugurating the new church in Perungudi in 1984. In 1999, Fr. Mathew Vettical put efforts in declaring Thuraipakkam church as a substation after replacing the hut to a concrete structure and was inaugurated by Rt. Rev. Dr. Lawrence Pius, Auxiliary Bishop of Madras – Mylapore and dedicated to the Mother of Perpetual Help. Later Fr. Thomas Mundackal expanded the church both sides to satisfy the growing needs. In 2007 Church was elevated to an independent parish with further extensions and blessed by Most Rev. Dr. Neethinathan, Bishop of Chingleput on 25thMarch 2007, when Fr. Patrick was the Parish Priest of Perungudi. Fr. Joseph Sengol’s contribution in making this place getting the Independent parish is inevitable. Fr. Arockiaraj became the first Parish Priest of the independent parish.
- Over the years there was a considerable number devotees have increased and present church is not able to accommodate their needs.
- Catechism, Evening tuitions for the poor in the locality and other religious organizations are not finding enough space to gather and function well.
- Rainy seasons bring leaking issues since the existing Church was altered in the past and it is not in good condition to alter again.
- Our parishioners are going to other Churches as the result of space crunch.
- Major religious events and other ceremonies are becoming chaotic due to space.
New Church has been planned for a built area measuring 12000 Sq Ft having two levels. First floor is meant for religious worship purpose and the ground level is for multipurpose.
We, Sagaya Madha Parish family request your kind self to contribute generously towards rebuilding the Church and get blessed abundantly. Our parish family is confident to get contribution to complete this noble purpose from kind hearts.
Rev. Fr. Jacob Alex
Sagaya Madha Church
2/139, Gangaiamman Koil Street, Chennai – 600 097
Tel : +91 (44) 2496 2772
Fax : +91 2496 2772
Email : email@example.com
Search Keywords: Sagaya Madha Church Thoraipakkam OMR Road Chennai, Sagaya Madha Church OMR, Sagaya Madha Church Thoraipakkam, Catholic Churches in OMR, Catholic Churches in Old Mahabalipuram Road, Old Mahabalipuram Road Church, Churches in OMR, OMR Madha Church, Madha Church Thoraipakkam, Sagaya Madha Church Old Mahabalipuram Road, Catholic Churches in Old Mahabalipuram Road, Churches in Old Mahabalipuram Road