The Road Traffic Accident Team is functioning round the clock Listed Hospital ready to admit the accident victim.
Public What to Do?
1. Give Information to the nearest police personnel on duty
2. Give Information to the Traffic Control Room – Call 103 – 044-28521323, 044-23452362, 044- 42042300 & 98400 17626 Help line
3. Give First Aid to the injured
4. Take the injured to the nearest Hospital
5. Note the Registration Numbers of the vehicles involved
Note: The driver of the faulty vehicle shall take the injured to the nearest hospital for treatment & give information to police. In case of failure, he is liable for punishment under section 134 (a) (b) of Motor Vehicles Act 1988.
Duty Doctor – What to Do?
The Duty Doctor shall make necessary entry in the Accident Register (AR), admit the injured, give treatment and give information to the police.
Duty of the Traffic Police [Enforcement] – What to Do?
1. Send the injured to the nearest Hospital
2. Mark the SOC, remove the vehicles involved and ensure free flow of traffic
3. Note down the registration number(s) of the vehicles involved / date / time and place of occurrence
4. Involved vehicles may be detained and handed over to the investigation team
Traffic Investigation Team – What to Do?
Immediately after getting information regarding the accident, rush to the accident spot . If the injured are still at the spot, first aid to be given and be sent to the nearest Hospital for treatment.
Get the complaint, register a case,investigate, arrest the accused and produce the vehicles concerned before the Motor Vehicle Inspector for MV test . After completion of investigation, the Investigation Officer shallsubmit final report before the Honourable jurisdictional court forfurther trial.
In simple accident cases, if the parties involved are agreed for a compromise, they have to make a written statement of compromise before the jurisdiction Investigation Officer.
For more details, Please visit: chennaitrafficpolice.in